Easy One Pan Chicken & Rice
- 280g vegetables, whatever is in your fridge works!
- Approx 1.8kg chicken, portioned (you can use whichever pieces your family likes!)
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) long-grain rice
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan or casserole dish over high heat. Add 1 tbs of the reserved oil from the chargrilled vegetables. Add half the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 mins each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add rice, stock and chargrilled vegetables to the pan. Bring to the boil. Arrange chicken over rice and cover with foil.
- Roast for 40 mins or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with oregano to serve.