Never a better day to whip up a batch of these chewy anzac biscuits, than the 25th April. These are probably not the healthiest version, but they’re a little bit chewy and a whole lot yummy!
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (85g) desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 160°C or 140C fan-forced. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.
- Step 2Put the butter, golden syrup and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Step 3Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Step 4Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on the trays, about 5cm apart.
- Step 5Press with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 6Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack so it cools completely.
Share with those you love.