These are just so good! The ultimate snack.
Easy as pie to make – even easier to eat more than 1 at a time, so be careful!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- zest of one large lemon*
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- extra desiccated coconut for rolling in
- Place all ingredients into your processor in the order listed above and blend until the mixture resembles a sticky crumb. Use your hands to shape the mixture into balls. Roll the balls in the extra coconut and place in the fridge to set.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy!
* If you LOVE lemon, double the zest for a super zingy hit!
Note – Try not to over blend the mixture if you are using a high powered processor or you may end up with a butter as opposed to a mixture that you can roll into balls. Learnt this the hard way!