This is so good! I made it last week half expecting my kids not to touch it…..but they both loved it – YAY!!
*brought to you by Taste.
- 3 large eggplants, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 x 250g pkt microwavable brown rice
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g 4 Star Beef Mince
- 400g jar Pasta Sauce
- 50g fetta, crumbled
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Brush eggplant all over with half the oil. Place on the baking tray. Bake for 20 mins. Remove from oven. Set aside for 10 mins to cool. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Finely chop the flesh.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat rice following packet directions. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins. Add garlic and cook for 1 min. Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 mins or until browned. Add pasta sauce and chopped eggplant flesh. Cook for 5 mins. Add the rice and stir to combine. Season.
- Step 3Reduce oven temperature to 180C. Divide mince mixture evenly among eggplant shells. Top with fetta. Bake for 20 mins or until eggplant is cooked through and fetta is light golden. Top with basil leaves. Serve with mixed salad leaves.