Do you find yourself reaching for the sweet stuff around 3-4pm? If you feel like you need *something* to help you through that afternoon slump, these delicious museli slice might be the answer. Quick and easy to make, they’ll give you an energy boost to see you through until dinner.
- 50g butter
- 110g (1/2 cup) raw sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 200g pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Sanitarium Weet-bix, crushed
- 90g (1/2 cup) sultanas
- 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- Step 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Place the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 2Combine the pepitas, Weet-bix, sultanas, oats and flour in a large bowl. Add the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Step 3Spoon the mixture into the lined pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside in the pan for 30 minutes to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.
** This is a great basic museli slice recipe that you can add any of your families favourites too. Replace the pepita seeds for slivered almonds, the sultanas for cranberries etc. Make it your own!